Aims of the School
Learning for life, serving others, honouring Christ
Believing that each member of our school community is created in the image of God and for relationship with Him, we seek to:
- work in partnership with parents to nurture and teach the whole child;
- encourage staff to be Christ centred and attain the highest personal and professional standards;
- promote biblical values and attitudes;
- ensure a safe and well-ordered school;
- educate in caring - for oneself, for others, for the community, for the nation and for the world;
- provide quality teaching and learning characterised by continuous improvement;
- make the best use of resources, including technology, to prepare children for 21st Century living.
Our Character Ideals
Love for God and service to others
Biblical values as the foundations for life
A community whose people care for one another
Staff educating with knowledge, wisdom, love, humour and passion
Each child developing physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually
Appreciating and caring for the natural environment
Aiming high to explore talents and do one's best
Encouraging independent and clear thinking
Older children knowing and caring for younger ones
Celebrating all forms of creativity
The life-long bond of Loquat Valley fellowship
- To create a deeply caring and compassionate community of lifelong learners.
- To empower children by supporting and challenging them to become the best they can be.
- To develop in children a sense of responsibility, self discipline, and respect for others.
- To equip children with the skills to cope with a constantly and rapidly changing world, and to inspire them to contribute to make a difference in their world.
- To develop positive attitudes to learning and to encourage children to ‘Aim High’ in every learning task.
- To develop enquiring minds through best-practice teaching methods and a broad, liberal and challenging curriculum.
- To foster a collaborative approach to learning involving children, teachers and parents.
Culture of Care and Commitment
- To develop in children a knowledge of the Bible and an awareness of God's majesty.
- To create an environment where children feel respected and valued.
- To encourage pride in belonging to the school through active student participation.
Leading-edge Technology and Resources
- To ensure learning is supported by technology, teaching methods and resources that are leading-edge.
- To maintain and continue to build facilities that promote participation in a wide range of learning and extra-curricular activities.